Samsung has released a new budget-friendly smartphone — the Samsung Galaxy J4.
This new smartphone will join Samsung’s Galaxy J line-up, which is a family of smartphones aimed at emerging markets like the Philippines. Samsung is actually making a lot of money from these smartphones, so they are trying their best to get better at it.
And with the new Samsung Galaxy J4, it looks like the company is indeed trying to improve. This handset has a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. Nothing too crazy — no notch, no 18:9 aspect ratio.
It runs on an in-house 1.4GHz Exynos 7570 quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, and a decent 16GB of expandable storage. There’s a humble 5-megapixel camera for selfies with LED flash. On the back, there’s a 13-megapixel primary camera for casual snaps.
Samsung Galaxy J4 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual micro SIM, Dual-standby
- 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, 1280 x 720 resolution, ~267ppi
- 1.4GHz Exynos 7570 quad-core processor
- 2GB internal storage
- Mali-T720 MP2
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2, LED flash
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/1.9, LED flash
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 77.2 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 175g
- 3000mAh removable battery
The Samsung Galaxy J4 already has a listing price in Ukraine of UAH4,799 (~Php9,700). Official pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced so stay tuned.