Samsung’s Galaxy M series has finally landed. Here we have the Samsung Galaxy M10, the more affordable option to the company’s latest value-oriented line-up.
The Samsung Galaxy M10 will join the Galaxy M20 as a more budget-friendly option. It will come with a more toned-down, but still relatively appealing set of features.
Samsung switched the FHD+ screen on the M20 to a smaller 6.2-inch HD+ panel for the M10. However, it still sports the same Infinity-V notch and a similar looking design on the back.
It will also have a slightly underpowered Exynos 7870 processor, a 14nm chipset that consists of eight Cortex-A53 cores. The M10 will come in 2GB/16GB and 3GB/32GB flavors.
The battery has also been drastically downgraded. We now only have a 3,400mAh battery, while the M20 enjoys a 5,000mAh capacity. There’s a 5-megapixel selfie snapper on the front versus the 8-megapixel sensor found on the former. It’s also used for the device’s face unlock feature, as it lacks a fingerprint scanner.
On the upside, we still have the 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel (120-degree wide-angle) dual cameras on the back.
Samsung Galaxy M10 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Samsung Experience v9.5
- Dual SIM
- 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- 90% screen-to-body ratio, 19:9 aspect ratio, Infinity-V notch
- 1.6GHz Exynos 7870 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- Mali-T830 MP1 GPU
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/1.9) + 5-megapixel (120-degree wide-angle) rear cameras, LED flash
- Face unlock
- Widevine L1 audio, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 75.6 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 163g
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Charcoal Blue
- 3,400mAh non-removable battery
Much like the M20, India will get first dibs on the Samsung Galaxy M10 on February 5. The 2GB/16GB configuration will retail for INR7,990 (~Php5,900), while the 3GB/32GB will be at INR8,990 (~Php6,700).
Samsung Philippines is yet to provide us with the local pricing and availability details. Make sure you stay tuned as we’ll be providing you with those details once they become available.