Samsung has officially unveiled a new smartphone, the latest addition to its highly popular Galaxy M-series.
The model, which is dubbed Samsung Galaxy M31s, comes with a 6.5-inch Infinity-O Super AMOLED panel. This is a first of its kind in the Galaxy M-series. The mobile phone also brings support for 25W charging and crams a massive 6,000 mAh battery.
At the back of the smartphone are a 64-megapixel Sony IMX682 main camera, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and a dual 5-megapixel sensor for macro shots and depth data. There’s also the Single Take mode, introduced by Samsung to captures up to 10 videos and photos with a single click of the shutter button.
You will find the 32-megapixel selfie camera exactly as that of the Galaxy M31. We then have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for a cleaner look.
The Samsung Galaxy M31s runs on Exynos 9611 chipset, paired with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. With its reverse charging, the phone can power other gadgets with the massive 6,000mAh battery, turning it to a power bank. Talking about the software, there’s Android 10-based One UI 2.1.
Samsung Galaxy M31s Specs
- Android 10, OneUI 2.1
- 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~405ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.3GHz Exynos 9611 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 12-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 5-megapixel (macro) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Mirage Black, Mirage Blue
- 6,000mAh battery, 25W fast charging, Reverse wired charging
Galaxy M31s is expected to go on sale from August 6 in India, with the 6GB/128GB model priced at INR 20,499 (around Php13,400) while the 8/128GB model comes with a price tag of INR 22,499 (around Php14,800). Its international release, especially here in the Philippines, is yet to be announced.