The Sony Xperia Pro have been announced with one unique feature.
Bearing a dated Snapdragon 865 processor, it looks like the Sony Xperia Pro was developed long ago. The company may have waited until they can release its new Alpha 1 full-frame camera, which pairs well with this device.
The Xperia Pro has a micro-HDMI connected, so you can plug it directly into the Alpha 1 and use it as an external monitor. Also, partnered with its mmWave 5G, it can instantly upload photos and videos from the Alpha 1 to an FTP server even when you’re on the field.
If you plan to use it as an external monitor, the Xperia Pro is rigged with a 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED screen. The 4,000mAh battery might not be the biggest, but in a real Pro scenario, you’d be adding a power bank on your rig so you can shoot without interruptions.
The cameras on the smartphone itself are pretty decent. We have three 12-megapixel main sensors. The primary one has a bright f/1.7 aperture with OIS and dual-pixel PDAF. There’s also a telephoto lens with OIS and 3x optical zoom, and lastly, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide with, again, dual-pixel PDAF.
It then shares the same glass on glass design that other Sony devices like the Xperia 1 II have. It’s protected by the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
What’s surprising here is the price. The Sony Xperia Pro 5G has a price of USD2,499 (around Php120,200) and currently exclusive to Verizon in the United States. A 4G-only model is also available, but its price is yet to be revealed.
Sony Xperia Pro Specs
- Android 10
- Dual SIM, dual stand-by, hybrid
- 6.5-inch 4K OLED display, 3840 x 1644 pixel resolution, ~643ppi
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- 12GB RAM
- Adreno 650
- 512GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.7, dual-pixel PDAF, OIS) + 12-megapixel (3x telephoto, f/2.4, OIS) + 12-megapixel (ultra-wide, dual-pixel PDAF) + 0.3-megapixel (ToF) rear cameras, ZEISS optics, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G :TE
- mmWave and Sub6 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- micro-HDMI port
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 170.2 x 76.2 x 10.2 mm
- Weight: 225.1g
- Colors: Black
- Front and Back: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- IP65/68 water and dust resistant
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 21W fast charging