Sony Xperia SL appeared on Sony’s website with a tag of “coming soon” which simply means another Xperia player will arrive later this year. The Xperia SL really don’t have something new with it as it is more of a Xperia S clone but with an added speed of 200MHz and an Android 4.0 OS upgrade.
This type of introduction from Sony isn’t a new thing since they already did this to the unveiling of Sony Xperia Arc S – an upgrade of Xperia Arc. Check out the rest of the specs below.
Sony Xperia SL Specifications
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.3-inch HD Reality Display with 1280×720 pixel resolution
- Sony Mobile Bravia Engine
- Snapdragon 1.7GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 1.5GB built-in storage
- 32GB external storage (non-removable)
- 12.1MP Exmor R rear camera
- 1.3MP front facing camera
- 1080p video recording
- HSUPA 5.8 Mbps, HSDPA 14.4 Mbps
- WiFi, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA
- micro-HDMI out
- Bluetooth v2.1
- GPS w/ aGPS support
- NFC support
- Li-Ion 1750mAh battery
One of the few things that might have cause this similarity in specs is the recent announcement of Google about the inclusion of Sony Xperia S in the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
So what does AOSP support mean? It is like the Nexus line of handsets which means that it will have a special treatment too (i. e. quick OS updates). The price of Sony Xperia SL was still not disclosed so we will still wait for that. We’ll update the site as soon as we hear more information.