Sony had an interesting time in the IFA 2017 earlier this month. Besides the midrange Xperia XA1 Plus, the company also released two new high-end devices, the Sony Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact. A few weeks after, one of them has already been launched here in the Philippines.
What we have here is the Sony Xperia XZ1, yet another premium Xperia XZ device to arrive in the country this 2017. It packs all of the high-end specs from a device at this price tag. Plus, the standard Sony features that the company has been known for.
For a start, there’s the sweet-sounding 19-megapixel rear camera that can shoot crazy slow-motion at 960fps. You can also spot a 5.2-inch 1080p TRILUMINOS display with HDR — a hallmark of Sony TVs.
The device will also have other top-of-the-line specs. It runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset, with 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage. It is also one of the first smartphonesvto sport the latest Android 8.0 Oreo. And of course, there’s the IP68 water resistance, 5-axis OIS, Bluetooth 5.0, and a USB Type-C port.
Sony Xperia XZ1 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Single/Dual SIM, nano
- 5.2-inch FHD HDR TRILUMINOS Display, HDR, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~424ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera, 1/3.06-inch sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, f/2.0
- 19-megapixel rear camera, 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS memory-stacked sensor, LED flash
- Motion Eye, 5-axis stabilization
- Super slow-motion recording, 960fps
- IP68 water resistance certification
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE Cat 16
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 148 x 73 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 156g
- Moonlit Blue, Venus Pink, Warm Silver, Black
- 2700mAh battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Sony Xperia XZ1 is priced at Php39,990. You can now pre-order the handset on Sony Concept Store to get a free Sony wireless speaker (SRS-XB10). Actual units will arrive on October 13.