TECNO released its near-flagship smartphone, the Camon 18 Premier.
We say “near-flagship” because the TECNO Camon 18 Premier uses a midrange yet still relatively powerful Helio G96 CPU. Albeit, everything else looks pretty high-end.
For starters, it has a fancy 6.7-inch AMOLED screen with an ultra-fast 120Hz refresh rate. There’s a tiny punch-hole for the 32-megapixel selfie camera. TECNO also added a dual-LED selfie flash if you need it.
The camera setup looks pretty ludicrous. The main highlight here is the 12-megapixel ultra-wide sensor that has gimbal-like optical image stabilization.
What’s more, it also boasts a periscope-style lens behind an 8-megapixel sensor. It offers 5x of optical zoom and up to 60x hybrid magnification. This lens will let you take close pictures of the moon if that interests you.
It then comes with a decent 4,750mAh battery with 33W fast charging. It ships with Android 11 out of the box with the company’s HiOS 8.0 interface on top.
The specs and availability of the TECNO Camon 18 Premier in the Philippines and other markets are yet to be announced.
TECNO Camon 18 Premier
- Android 11, HiOS 8.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 393ppi
- 2.05GHz MediaTek Helio G96 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 256GB internal storage
- 32-megapixel front camera, dual-LED flash
- 64-megapixel (f/1.6, PDAF) + 12-megapixel (gimbal OIS, ultra-wide) + 8-megapixel (periscope, 5x optical, 60x digital zoom) rear cameras, quad-LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.9 x 8.2mm
- Colors: Vast, Sky, Polar Night
- 4,750mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging