The Vivo iQOO 3 visited the rumor mill numerous times, but it’s finally official.
Vivo’s sub-brand that’s focused on the gaming market has unveiled the iQOO 3, a new smartphone equipped with the latest 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 flagship chipset, 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, and up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. To prevent it from heating up during extensive usage, there’s also a built-in liquid cooling technology.
The Vivo iQOO 3 features a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED screen with Full HD+ resolution and pixel density of ~409. Called as “Polar View Display”, the phone supports HDR10+ and can stretch up to a whopping 1,200 nits brightness. There’s also an in-display fingerprint scanner hidden underneath.
Four cameras are used on the Vivo iQOO 3 and they are composed of a Sony IMX582 48-megapixel f/1.8 primary camera, 13-megapixel telephoto, 13-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
In order to quickly juice up its 4,400mAh battery, Vivo packed the iQOO 3 with the 55W Super FlashCharge 2.0. The company said that it can recharge the handset up to 50% of its capacity in just 15 minutes.
Software-wise, the Vivo iQOO has Android 10 with the brand’s own iQOO UI 1.0. Once of its main features is the Ultra Game Mode, which lets the user focus on gaming as it blocks notifications to avoid distractions. In addition, the device can simulate 4D gaming vibrations like a shooting gun recoil with the help of its Monster Touch buttons. Holding the two should keys together will activate Monster Mode which will boost its processor to 100% usage to minimize lags (if there’s any lag at all).
Vivo iQOO 3 Specs
- Android 10, iQOO UI 1.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.44-inch Super AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- 2.84GHz 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/128GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- 4G LTE, 5G
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi hotspot, dual-band
- 48-megapixel f/1.8 primary + 13-megapixel f/2.5 + 13-megapixel f/2.2 + 2-megapixel f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 16-megapixel f/2.5 wide front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 214.5
- 4,400mAh non-removable battery
The Vivo iQOO 3 comes in three variations and they are priced accordingly:
- 6GB + 128GB — CNY3,598 (~Php26,100)
- 8GB + 128GB — CNY3,798 (~27,600)
- 12GB + 128GB — CNY3,998 (~Php29,000)
- 12GB + 256GB — CNY4,398 (~Php32,000)
Although it’s still unlikely, let’s hope that Vivo brings the iQOO 3 smartphones here in the Philippines.