Vivo Philippines announced today the arrival of the V5 in the country.
Within just six days after launching in India, the new selfie-centric smartphone has reached our shores. The main highlight of the device is its 20-megapixel front-facing camera that’s aimed to help selfie fanatics get better shots of themselves.
OPPO is currently the leader in the selfie game and Vivo wants to get its share. Over a week ago, OPPO has released a limited edition F1s with a metallic grey color. And guess what? They have the same price of Php12,990. Coincidence? Probably not.
Vivo V5 Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, FunTouch 2.6
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.5-inch HD IPS 2.5D Gorilla Glass Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
- 1.5GHz MT6750 octa-core 64-bit processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB storage, expandable via microSD
- 4G, LTE
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF and LED flash
- 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 front camera with LED flash
- USB OTG
- Fingerprint scanner
- GPS, A-GPS
- Colors: Grey, Crown Gold
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55 mm
- Weight: 154 g
- 3000mAh battery
Vivo also unveiled its newest ambassador, popular NBA superstar Stephen Curry.
Comparing the Vivo V5 to the original F1s on paper reveals that it’s a step ahead in the specs department. But that wouldn’t last long as OPPO unleashed a revamped F1s with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. Until it reaches the Philippines, though, the V5 is probably the better choice for now.
The Vivo V5 is priced at Php12,990 and it will be available in Vivo concept stores, kiosks, and authorized dealers nationwide.