Vivo has been bragging about their under-display fingerprint scanner tech for quite a while now. Finally, it’s now embodied in an official smartphone with the new Vivo X20 Plus UD.
The said technology was first showcased to the public in CES 2018 earlier this month. It was demoed inside an unnamed prototype smartphone.
If it weren’t obvious, this new smartphone is exactly the X20 Plus that was released back in September last year. Only this time, the fingerprint scanner at the back is now embedded on the screen itself — making the X20 Plus UD be the first ever smartphone to have this kind of tech.
This will help Vivo to further boost the popularity of their brand as even both Apple and Samsung were struggling to figure out how to implement this kind of technology.
However, the Vivo X20 Plus UD is still a midrange smartphone. It sports a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ screen, Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor, with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
See also: Vivo V7 Review
It also boasts a dual-camera setup at the back and a 12-megapixel sensor in front that’s also used for its facial recognition feature.
Vivo X20 Plus UD Specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, FunTouch OS 3.0
- 6.43-inch Super AMOLED, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~376ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 60 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, LED flash
- Facial Recognition, Under-display Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimensions:165.2 x 80.02 x 7.35mm
- Weight: 183g
- Black, Gold, Rose Gold
- 3905mAh battery
The Vivo X20 Plus UD will be available in China starting February 1 for a price of CNY3,598 (around Php28,900). Pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced