Just when you thought Vivo has already wrapped it up with the V7+, you’re wrong. A few days after their first FullView display was launched in the Philippines, Vivo has launched yet another display-rich smartphone back in their homeland. Meet the Vivo X20 and X20 Plus.
Both the Vivo X20 and X20 Plus might look identical to the V7+, but they are different in a lot of ways. The new X20 devices have upgrade specs, it also gains a FullView display and dual cameras from the earlier Vivo X models, the X9s and X9s Plus.
The duo shares the same specs across the board, with only a few key differences. Quite obviously, the “Plus” model is the larger among the two. It does have a 6.43-inch screen, while its little brother is at 6.01-inches. Both of them uses a Super AMOLED panel with a pixel resolution of 2160 x 1080.
And since the X20 Plus has a bigger frame, Vivo was able to cram in a larger 3905mAh battery. That’s noticeably chunkier than the 3245mah battery found on the X20.
Moreover, the two shares the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor as the main brain. It’s aided by 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
They will also have the same 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel dual cameras on the back. Meanwhile, in front they have a 12-megapixel sensor that is also used for its Facial Recognition technology — a security alternative to the built-in fingerprint scanner at the back.
Vivo X20 and X20 Plus Specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, FunTouch OS 3.0
- 6.01-inch Super AMOLED, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi (X20)
- 6.43-inch Super AMOLED, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~376ppi (X20 Plus)
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 60 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, LED flash
- Facial Recognition, Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimensions: 155.85 x 75.15 x 7.2mm (X20) |165.32 x 80.09 x 7.45mm (X20 Plus)
- Weight: 159g (X20) |181.5g (X20 Plus)
- Black, Gold, Rose Gold
- 3245mAh (X20) | 3905mAh (X20 Plus)
The Vivo X20 and X20 Plus will be available in China starting September 30. They will retail for CNY2,998 and CNY3,498, respectively. Since the previous X series didn’t make it in the Philippines, we’re not optimistic about its local availability.