Vivo launches a new entry-level smartphone, the Y21A.
The new Vivo Y21A is a toned-down version of the Y21e that came out just a few days ago. It features a MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor, versus the former’s Snapdragon 680 CPU.
Actually, besides the processor, everything else is the same. It still has a 6.51-inch HD+ IPS screen, a 5,000mAh battery, and 18W charging.
It also has the same camera setup with a 13-megapixel and 2-megapixel sensors on the back and an 8-megapixel selfie shooter on the front. It also comes with virtual RAM expansion technology that adds 1GB of memory to the physical 4GB for an extra boost when multitasking. Storage capacity is only at 64GB.
The Vivo Y21A is now listed on the company’s Indian website. However, the official price and availability details are yet to be known.
Vivo Y21A Specs
- Android 11, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM + 1GB via virtual RAM expansion
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.26 x 76.08 x 8mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colors: Diamond Glow, Midnight Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging