Thanks to MediaTek, we see more and more budget 5G phones in the market. One of them is the latest Vivo Y52s.
The Vivo Y52s gets its 5G connectivity from its MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor. It even comes with liquid cooling technology. You can get it with 128GB of storage and an option between 6GB and 8GB of RAM.
Other than 5G, the Y52s also come with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate, just like most modern smartphones. There’s a waterdrop notch on top of the 6.58-inch screen for the 8-megapixel selfie camera. While on the back, there’s a camera glass similar to the Vivo V20 series, which courses a 48-megapixel main shooter, 2-megapixel macro, and, well, that’s it. No ultra-wide or macro.
5G on smartphones are yet to be power efficient. Thankfully, the Y52s has a large 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
The Vivo Y52s has a price of CNY1,598 (around Php11,800) for the 6GB/128GB, and CNY1,798 (around Php13,300) for 8GB/128GB. It will be initially available in China, while the international release is yet to be known.
Vivo Y52s Specs
- Android 10, Funtouch OS 10.5
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 400ppi
- 2.0GHz MediaTek 720 5G octa-core processor
- Liquid Cooling
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC3
- 128GB internal storage, non-expandable storage
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.4 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 185.5g
- Colors: Aurora, Gray Coral
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging