The Vivo Y55 of last year is making a comeback for 2017. The new Vivo Y55s is pretty much the same smartphone but it has been upgraded a little bit so they can ask for more money.
The phone is now powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425, rather than the Snapdragon 430 of last year. Despite only having a quad-core processor clocked at 1.4GHz, the device has a bigger 3GB of RAM.
It also brags a sharper 13-megapixel camera at the back — up from the 8-megapixel sensor of the former. Vivo has also slightly upgraded the battery capacity to 2730mAh from 2650mAh.
It would have been nice if Vivo also updated the operating system. Unfortunately, it is still running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Vivo Y55s Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Funtouch OS 3.0
- Dual SIM (Nano + Micro), dual standby
- 5.2-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 resolution, ~282ppi
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB 2.0, OTG compatible
- Dimensions: 147.9 x 72.9 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 142g
- Crown Gold, Rose Gold
- 2730mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
The new Vivo Y55s retails for Php8,990. For a comparison, the Y55 was priced at Php7,990. It is up to you to judge if the upgrades are justifiable enough to shell out an extra Php1,000.