Vivo has a new budget-friendly offering in the Philippines. What we have here is the Vivo Y71 — a device that aims to deliver the features that it’s higher-end siblings have, but at a cheaper price.
As expected the Vivo Y71 incorporates a large 6-inch 18:9 aspect ratio display. It uses an In-cell panel with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels — almost identical to the screen found on the Vivo V7+ (read our eview) which is costs almost twice the price.
The Vivo Y71 is rigged with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor, 16GB of storage, and either 2GB or 3GB RAM. The OS of choice is Android 8.1 Oreo with FuntouchOS 4.0 skin.
But unlike the more expensive V-series, the Vivo Y71 didn’t focus on the cameras. As a result, it only comes with a 5-megapixel and 8-megapixel front and back cameras, respectively.
Despite the lower-resolution sensors, Vivo still managed to squeeze in their Face Beauty feature. The Y71 also skips the fingerprint scanner to cut down the price further, but it does have Face ID security as an alternative.
Vivo Y71 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Funtouch OS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6-inch HD+ In-Cell display, 1440 x 720 resolution, ~268ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 quad-core processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 8-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0, LED flash
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 155.8 x 75.7 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 150g
- Colors: Matte Black, Gold
- 3360mAh battery
The Vivo Y71 2GB has a price of Php7,990. On the other hand, the 3GB version costs Php8,990.