Another day, another Vivo smartphone. We just came from the company’s official launch of the Vivo X21 in the Philippines yesterday. But apparently, in some other place in the world — the company has made yet another release.
What we’re talking about here is the Vivo Y81, which was officially unveiled in Taiwan. And by the looks of it, it’s another budget-friendly offering from the brand. Actually, this device has a lot of similarities to the Y83, but with a slightly different design and storage configuration.
As you can see, the Vivo Y81 has an all-metal build, which is different from the shiny material that was used on the Y83. It’s worth noting that the company still kept the display notch, even after the release of the NEX A and NEX S.
Speaking of the notch, it houses the device’s 5-megapixel selfie camera while at the back is a 13-megapixel primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
The Vivo Y81 is equipped with an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor and will be available in either a 3GB/32GB RAM and storage variant, or a 4GB/64GB configuration.
Vivo Y81 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano)
- 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2, LED flash
- Face Unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 155.06 x 75 x 7.77mm
- Weight: 146.5g
- 3,260mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery
The Vivo Y81 price in Taiwan is TWD4,990 (~Php8,800). Official availability and pricing outside the country, especially here in the Philippines, are currently unknown.
Sige habol pa sa Xiaomi, habol habol trying so hard lol.