Vivo has a brand new premium midrange device — and yes, that’s a term. Meet the new Vivo Z6 5G.
As the name suggests, the Vivo Z6 5G will have dual-mode 5G connectivity. But, it’s not a real flagship release. As stated earlier, it’s a premium midrange device. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor. If you want something more powerful, you can check out Vivo’s latest gaming smartphone instead.
The processor is aided by a “PC-grade” liquid cooling technology. This shall help the chipset stay cool during long gaming sessions and 5G web browsing.
On the inside, we have a generous 5,000mAh battery. There’s an accompanying 44W fast charger that can fill it up back to 100% for around an hour.
On the front, we have a large 6.57-inch FHD+ IPS display. The lack of a Super AMOLED panel means that Vivo had to resort for a physical fingerprint scanner on the back, instead of an in-display one.
For a cleaner look, there’s the punch-hole on the top left of the display for the 16-megapixel selfie camera.
An L-shape triple camera is in a rectangular camera bump on the back. It sports at 48-megapixel primary shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and two 2-megapixel lenses for macro and depth sensing.
See also: Vivo S1 Pro Review
Vivo Z6 5G Specs
- Android 10, FunTouch OS 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.57-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~400ppi
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor
- PC-grade Liquid Cooling
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- 16-megapixel punch-hole front camera, f/2.48
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- Dual-mode 5G, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.99 x 75.71 x 9.16mm
- Weight: 201g
- Colors: Interstellar Silver, Aurora Black, Ice Age
- 5,000mAh battery, 44W fast charging
The Vivo Z6 5G has an official price of CNY2,298 (~Php16,700) for the 6GB/128GB variant, while the 8GB/128GB model is at CNY2,598 (~Php18,900). It will go on sale in China this February 29.