Xiaomi’s much-anticipated follow-up to last year’s extremely successful Mi 5X and Mi A1 is finally official. Meet the new midrange smartphone from Xiaomi, the Mi 6X.
This is what Xiaomi does best — releasing products that offer extreme value for the money. After numerous leaks, the Mi 6X is finally here and it gives us every reason to get excited about what’s to come on the next Xiaomi Android One smartphone.
Last year, the Mi 5X was the base of Mi A1 — an Android One handset with stock Android. If things go the way it should, we should expect the Mi 6X to morph into the Mi A2 in the coming months.
Previously, the Redmi Note 5 Pro debuted to be the very first smartphone to carry the Snapdragon 636 under $200 price. Now, the company is breaking boundaries yet again, with the Xiaomi Mi 6X getting the powerful and efficient 14nm Snapdragon 660 chipset under $300. It also comes with up to 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB onboard with the option to expand using microSD on its hybrid slot.
Other highlights include a standard 5.99-inch screen with Full HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio, IR blaster, and Android 8.1 Oreo. Since this is the normal version, it’s operating system is dressed with MIUI 9.5 — the company’s iOS-like Android skin. There’s no more microUSB port, as this phone comes with USB Type-C with Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Camera-wise, the Xiaomi Mi 6X is no slouch either. There’s a combination of two Sony sensors on the back — the 12-megapixel IMX486 and 20-megapixel IMX376. The selfie camera is equipped with the newest version of Beautify and an LED light module. Artificial Intelligence also takes a major role here, as it lets the phone intelligently switch shooting modes depending on the lighting conditions and subject.
See also: Xiaomi products price list Philippines
Xiaomi Mi 6X / Mi A2 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9.5
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 5.99-inch IPS Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage
- Expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Dual-band
- 3G, HSPA+, LTE
- 12-megapixel f/1.8, 1/2.9″, 1.25µm camera + 20-megapixel f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm sensor with phase-detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash
- 20-megapixel front-facing camera, f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm
- Bluetooth 5.0, LE
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS
- No 3.55mm headphone jack
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 168g
- 3,010mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
Pricing and availability of Xiaomi Mi 6X / Mi A2
Those who are interested in getting the Xiaomi Mi 6X have five (5) colors to choose from — black, gold, blue, red, and rose gold. There are also three variants, and we’ve listed them down below together with their prices:
- Xiaomi Mi 6X 4GB / 64GB — CNY 1,599 (~Php13,300)
- Xiaomi Mi 6X 6GB / 64GB — CNY 1,799 (~Php14,900)
- Xiaomi Mi 6X 6GB / 128GB — CNY 1,999 (~Php16,600)
The handset will be available for purchase beginning April 27 in mainland China. International pricing and availability of the Mi 6X / Mi A2 is currently unknown, but we expect Xiaomi to release more information about it very soon.
Will the Xiaomi Mi 6X / Mi A2 arrive in the Philippines? Considering that we already have authorized Mi stores, we expect Xiaomi Philippines to bring it here in the country.