Xiaomi announced a bezel-less smartphone in an event in Beijing – the Mi Mix.
For those who hate bezels, this is literally a dream come true. Don’t get too excited, though, as it will only be initially available in China.
But did you know that it’s not the first of its kind? Sharp Aquos Crystal which was announced back in 2014 also bezel-less. We have to say that Xiaomi did a better job, based on renders at least.
The Mi Mix features an astounding 91.3 percent screen-to-body ratio and it uses a ceramic unibody design. Even though the design is its main selling point, the specifications are also very enticing.
Like the Xiaomi Mi Note 2, it’s also powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset and there’s a choice between 4GB and 6GB of RAM. Storage is the same story, it will be available in either 128GB or 256GB.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Specs
- Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (nano)
- 6.4-inch edgeless IPS Display, 1080 x 2040 pixel resolution, ~362 ppi
- 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8996 821 processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB internal UFS 2.0 storage, no microSD card slot
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0, PDAF, dual-tone and dual-LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- 4G, LTE
- Bluetooth v4.2
- 192Hz / 24-bit DAC chip
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Mi Pay
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 81.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- 4400mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The Mi MIX will be available for a price of RMB 3,499 (~Php24,900) for the 4GB / 128GB version. The high-end 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, 18 karat gold variant will be sold for RMB 3,999 (~Php28,500). It will be released starting November 4.