Xiaomi has done something incredible once again. Today, the company announced the new Poco F1, a smartphone under its new sub-brand.
The new Poco F1 brags a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 flagship processor, which is an incredible feat for a midrange device like this. It does follow the footsteps of the Honor Play, which runs on Huawei’s Kirin 970 processor.
Xiaomi also put a new cooling system called LiquidCool Technology to bring out the best possible performance out of its processor.
In India, the device starts at a price of Rs. 20,999, which is only at around Php16,000 when converted directly to Philippine pesos. Making it easily the cheapest Snapdragon 845-equipped smartphone today.
As for the rest of the specs, Xiaomi still went all out with this device. The Poco F1 features a 6.18-inch FHD+ display, with ultra-thin bezels and a thick screen notch on top.
It will come with up to 8GB of memory and up to 256GB of ultra-fast UFS2.1 storage. The battery is rated at 4,000mAh with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
There’s a pixel-dense 20-megapixel shooter on the front, while at the back there’s a 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual camera setup. And since it is a Xiaomi device, the Poco F1 will come with MIUI interface.
It also features the new Poco launcher and Turbocharged engine, which ensure faster and responsive performance.
Xiaomi also promises that its Android 8.1 Oreo software will be updated to Android 9 Pie once it becomes available later this year.
All of those features are sandwiched in a hard-coated polycarbonate body with reinforced body frame. The device will also come with a special Armored Edition variant that brags a Kevlar Aramid material that’s used in some bulletproof vests.
Xiaomi Poco F1 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9.6 (Poco launcher)
- Dual SIM, hybrid
- 6.18-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2246 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- LiquidCool cooling system
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, f/1.9, PDAF, dual-Tone flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 155.5 x 75.3 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Steel Blue, Rosso Red, Graphite Black, Kevlar (Armored edition)
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Poco F1 will have a starting price of Rs. 20,999 (~Php16,000) for the 6GB/64GB model, Rs. 23,999 (~Php18,000) for the 6GB/128GB, Rs.28,999 (~Php22,000) for the 8GB/256GB, and finally, the Armoured Edition with 8GB/256GB configuration is at Rs. 29,999 (~Php23,000).
The global pricing and availability shall be revealed on August 27.