Are you still using the old Easytrip RFID sticker? Did it get damaged? Did you lose your card? It is time to get a replacement.
Making sure you have an updated and working Easytrip RFID sticker and card is really important if you’re always traveling on Metro Pacific Tollway Company’s expressways.
Easytrip is MPTC’s exclusive toll collection system that’s used in North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX), Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX), and the C5 Link Flyover.
MPTC’s Easytrip has been around for years. And recently, the company has introduced a new Nealogy RFID sticker technology that has a higher readability rate. This lets you get past toll booths faster.
That said, MPTC is encouraging Easytrip users to upgrade their RFIDs to the new one. Here’s how you can get the free upgrade. Plus, we’ll also teach you how you can get a new Easytrip RFID card and sticker in case it got lost, damaged, etc.
But if you’re new to the service, here’s a complete guide on how to apply for an Easytrip RFID, requirements, and more.
Table of Contents
- Do I need to replace my old Easytrip sticker and card?
- How to replace my Easytrip RFID card and sticker?
- How to reload my Easytrip account?
- How long does an Easytrip RFID replacement process take?
- Can I use the same account number if I get a new Easytrip card?
Do I need to replace my old Easytrip sticker and card?
As stated earlier, MPTC is encouraging everyone to have their Easytrip RFID sticker replaced with the new Neology RFID standard.
To check if you have the latest RFID sticker, your card should look like the one pictured above. If not, then you must be using any of the old ones (see image below) is advised to get the new one.
Am I eligible to get a free RFID replacement?
You are eligible to get the new Easytrip RFID card and sticker if you have:
- received a text or email notification that your RFID is up for replacement;
- approached at the toll gate and offered to get a free replacement;
- recommended by personnel that you’re up for replacement after a free RFID checkup.
How to replace my Easytrip RFID card and sticker?
Step 1: Proceed to any of the participating locations. There’s a list below that you can check.
Step 2: Make sure you bring the registered vehicle and the old card if you still have it.
Step 3: Approach the attendant, fill out the form, pay the initial load amount if asked, and wait for them to install the new RFID sticker on your vehicle and hand you your new card.
What are the requirements for an RFID card and sticker replacement?
When asking for an Easytrip replacement, go to any of the participating branches and bring the following:
- The vehicle with the installed RFID
- Old Easytrip card
- Filled-out subscription form (available on-site)
- And the initial load amount: Php200 for South, Php500 for North
Where can I replace my Easytrip RFID?
Here’s a list of One-Stop Shops for same-day processing:
- NLEX Balintawak Customer Service Center
- NLEX Tabang Customer Service Center
- NLEX San Fernando Customer Service Center
- CALAX Greenfields Customer Service Center
You can also use this locator to find the nearest station in your area.
What’s more, you can get your free RFID replacement if you pass through these toll plaza lanes:
- San Fernando
How much is the Easytrip RFID replacement fee?
The RFID sticker is essentially free, all you need to do is pay for the initial load of Php200 for South and Php500 for North.
How to reload my Easytrip account?
You can conveniently reload your Easytrip account both online and offline. You can go to physical payment centers and kiosks, banks, via SMS, online services, and e-wallet services like GCash and Maya.
Here’s a complete guide on how to do it.
How can I check the load of my new Easytrip RFID?
There are two ways you can check your Easytrip load balance:
- Via the MPT DriveHub app on Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS devices.
- Text Bal <space> 12-digit Easytrip Account number and send it to 09191601553.
- Via the myeasytrip web, which you can access by visiting https://bit.ly/myeasytripWeb.
Can I transfer the load from my old card to the new one?
Yes. The process should be automatic. For safety, you can ask the personnel from Easytrip to make sure the load is transferred during the installation of your new sticker or card.
How long does an Easytrip RFID replacement process take?
The replacement for the Easytrip RFID sticker will only take about 5 minutes. Card replacement is a little longer. Your card will be ready on the same day in customer service centers in NLEX Balintawak, Tabang, San Fernando, and CALAX Greenfields.
On other Easytrip RFID stations, the process may take 3 to 5 days.
Can I use the same account number if I get a new Easytrip card?
No. Having a new card means a new account number and an RFID sticker. However, you can have the load transferred from your old account to your new one but note that the process may take 3 to 5 days.
These are everything you should know when replacing your Easytrip RFID sticker and card. Have any questions? Let us know in the comments below.