The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has revolutionized the conventional smartphone design with its curvy edges never before seen in any other device—at least, not that is designed with actual functions and not just merely meant for aesthetics, like its predecessor.
Following on the same design but with its own new twists both in aesthetics and actual functionality, Huawei has made official of its response to the Samsung smartphone flagship with the Honor Magic.
To be upfront, probably the only similarities that both Honor Magic and Galaxy S7 Edge have are the curvature from their sides which give both phones a unique design and feature. Everything else from there is either a toned-down version or a superior class of the other.
Here is the direct comparison of the Galaxy S7 Edge and Honor Magic:
Honor Magic Pros Over Galaxy S7 Edge
- At 146.1 x 69.9 x 7.8 mm dimension for Honor Magic versus Galaxy S7 Edge’s 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm, the former is a tiny bit smaller than the latter albeit at a very small margin.
- Featuring a cutting-edge processor that is the HiSilicon Kirin 950, an octacore chipset, for Honor Magic versus Galaxy S7 Edge’s Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820, a quad-core chipset, the latter is overpowered with more processing power resulting from the added cores.
- Huawei’s Honor Magic has a built-in radio in it whereas Samsung’s Galaxy S7 Edge does not.
- At 145g for Honor Magic versus 157g for Galaxy S7 Edge, the former is lighter by 12g.
- As for pixel density, Honor Magic beats its competitor by as much as 41 PPI with its 576 PPI pixel density in contrast to Galaxy S7 Edge’s 534 PPI.
Galaxy S7 Edge Pros Over Honor Magic
- Heavy smartphone users who treat their smartphone as a personal storage of digital files may find Galaxy S7 Edge’s expandable memory support for up to 200GB a boon in comparison to Honor Magic missing the same feature. This means that users who would opt for the latter is only stuck with the built-in 64GB ROM. However, this can be circumvented by using the cloud as alternative reservoir of needed files.
- At 5.5 inches versus 5.1 inches, the Galaxy S7 Edge offers bigger display.
- Using a cheaper AMOLED screen versus a more vibrant and brighter Super AMOLED, the Honor Magic pales in comparison in terms of quality display.
- Although almost negligible, the Galaxy S7 Edge is 1 millimeter slimmer than Honor Magic.
- Able of 4k video quality recording at 3840×2160 for Galaxy S7 Edge in contrast to Honor Magic’s 1080p at 1920×1080 display resolution, the former is four times better than the latter.
When it comes to price, the Honor Magic costs CNY 3,699 in China or approximately $532. On the other hand, the Galaxy S7 Edge is priced at ~$780 USD.