Samsung has been doing business in the Philippines for 20 years. And to celebrate their two decades of existence in the country, Samsung is slashing off the price of two of their best-selling smartphones in the local market.
First off, we have the Samsung Galaxy J6. This device comes with a 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display, runs on an Exynos 7870 octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB expandable storage.
There’s an 8-megapixel camera on the front, which is also used for its Face Unlock feature. While on the back, we’re getting a 13-megapixel primary camera, and right below it is a fingerprint scanner.
The Galaxy J6 has an official price of Php13,990. But until July 31, the device will be available for only Php11,990, making it Php2,000 cheaper from the original SRP.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano)
- 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Display, 1480 x 720 pixel resolution, ~294ppi
- 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor
- Mali-T830 MP1 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- Face Unlock, Fingerprint scanner
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- 3G, HSPA+, 4G VoLTE
- Bluetooth v4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, Beidou, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 70.2 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 154g
- 3,000mAh battery
Next stop we have the Samsung Galaxy A6. This one has a lot of similarities from the Galaxy J6, but with a better pair of cameras and few extra features.
The Galaxy A6 brags a 16-megapixel front camera with a f/1.9 aperture. On the back, there’s the same 16-megapixel sensor with a wider aperture at f/1.7.
In front, there’s the identical 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED screen. On the inside, it packs an Exynos 7870 octa-core chipset, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of expandable storage.
Just like the Galaxy J6, it’s also getting a Php2,000 price cut. Putting its original price tag of Php16,490 lower to Php14,490. This special offer will also last until July 31.
Samsung Galaxy A6 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, Samsung Experience
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 18.5: 9 Infinity 2.5D Curved Glass Display, 1480 x 720 pixel resolution
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 14nm processor
- Mali T830 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Facial Recognition
- 3.5mm audio jack,
- Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz)
- HT40, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+
- NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Dimensions: 149.9 x 70.8 x 7.7 mm
- 3000mAh battery