Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Southeast Asia Cup 2022 (MSC 2022) will officially take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from June 11 to 19, Moonton Games announced.
MSC 2022 will be held offline for the first time since the wrath of the COVID-19 pandemic, with a greater prize amounting to $300,000 (~Php15 million)—twice as compared to last year.
The tournament consists of 12 teams coming from Southeast Asia with the following slots:
- Cambodia — MPL KH 2022 Spring Split champion, MPL KH 2022 Spring Split second place
- Indonesia — MPL ID Season 9 champion, MPL ID Season 9 second place
- Malaysia — MPL MY Season 9 champion, MPL MY Season 9 second place
- Singapore — MPL SG Season 3 champion, MPL SG Season 3 second place
- Philippines — MPL PH Season 9 champion, MPL PH Season 9 second place
- Laos, Vietnam, Thailand — One slot to be determined through a qualifying tournament featuring the three countries
- Myanmar — One slot will be determined through a qualifying tournament
SEE ALSO: Climbing the ladder in Mobile Legends
Currently, Myanmar’s Falcon Esports is the only one that secured a spot in the prestigious tournament.
For the Philippines, the champions and the runners-up of the current ML:BB Professional League Season 9 (MPL PH Season 9) will be able to participate in the competition in Malaysia.
Smart Omega Esports’s Execration is the reigning champion in the Philippines after defeating Blacklist International in an exclusive all-Filipino SEA finals showdown, with a score of 4-1.
Since the start of MSC in 2017, the Philippine teams have bagged the winning title twice with Aether in 2018 and Execration in 2021. Now, the hopes of winning for the third time remain.