Gaming has become more popular than ever. So much so that gamers would love the ability to play anywhere and anytime they want. Hence the popularity of handheld gaming consoles. In fact, one of the most popular gaming brands in the world finally has one, and it’s called the Razer Edge.
During the RazerCon 2022, CEO Min-Liang Tan announced the Razer Edge, which boasts 5G connectivity, the very first handheld console to have it.
This machine boasts a 6.8-inch AMOLED screen with a whopping 144Hz high refresh rate and an FHD+ pixel resolution. A 5-megapixel 1080p webcam sits on top of it if you ever need it.
Unlike the others, it appears that the controller is a completely separate device. It uses the Razer Kishi V2 Pro that boasts one analog stick on each side, 2 shoulder triggers, 2 bumpers, 8 buttons, and a D-pad. It attaches to the main tablet via USB Type-C.
The controller also has two programmable buttons and boasts Razer’s HyperSense haptics. Plus, adds a USB Type-C port and a 3.5mm headphone jack to the device.
Under the hood, the Razer Edge is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 chipset with 8GB of fast LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB of UFS 3.1 storage that you can expand up to 2TB via a microSD card slot.
The console runs on Android 12 operating system, so you can natively run mobile games without a hitch. You can also play PC games from your computer library via streaming. Plus, cloud games on Xbox Cloud Gaming and NVIDIA GeForce Now.
Like most Android devices, the device ships with an ample 5,000mAh battery.
The Razer Edge comes in three variants: There’s the WiFi-only version for USD399.99 (around Php23,500), a Founders Edition with a Razer HammerHead True Wireless 2021 for USD499.99 (around Php29,400), and the Razer Edge 5G, which will be exclusive to Verizon, have a price that’s yet to be announced. Any of the models should also arrive in the Philippines soon.
Razer Edge Specs
- Android 12
- eSIM (5G model)
- 6.8-inch FHD+ AMOLE display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 387ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno GPU
- 128GB UFS 3.1 internals storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 5-megapixel webcam, 1080p, 60fps
- Stereo speakers, THX Spatial Audio
- 2x digital microphones
- Boomcloud360 audio (5G model)
- 3.5mm headphone jack (via controller)
- HSPA+, 4G LTE cat. 22, 5G with sub 6 mmWave (5G model)
- WiFi 6E, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- USB Type-C
- Razer Kishi V2 Pro controller: 2x analog sticks, 8x buttons, 1x D-Pads, 2x triggers, 2x bumpers, 2x programmable buttons, Razer HyperSense haptics
- Dimensions: 260 x 85 x 11mm
- Weight: 264g (tablet only), 410g (w/ controller attached)
- 5,000mAh battery