Since September 2020, qualified pensioners who would like to renew their loans under the SSS Pension Loan Program (PLP) can do so via their My.SSS account online. Here’s how.
Are you qualified to apply for a PLP loan online?
As a retiree-pensioner, you can apply for a loan online provided that you meet the following criteria:
- Does not exceed 85 years of age by the end of the last month of the loan term
- No deductions in the monthly pension (such as outstanding balances from other loans)
- No prior pensions received under the SSS Calamity Package
- Has been receiving your regular pension for at least a month, and have an “Active” pension status
Note that retiree-pensioners covered by the Portability Law, as well as those who are in custody of a guardian, are not qualified for PLP.
Naturally, you will also need to have a verified My.SSS account that you registered with your active mobile number.
- SSS Housing Loan Packages: Eligibility, Requirements, and Procedures
- SSS Calamity Loan: Eligibility Rules, Requirements, and Procedures for Online Application
- SSS Unemployment Benefits: Everything you need to know
- SSS Hotline Customer Service 24/7 Call and SMS Inquiry Guide
How do you apply for an SSS PLP loan?
1. Log in to your My.SSS account.
2. Go to E-Services tab, and select Apply for Pension Loan.
3. Select your preferred loan amount and corresponding terms.
4. Acknowledge the terms and conditions of the program, and submit your application.
5. Download a copy of the Disclosure Statement.
You will receive an email to confirm your loan application. It may also take up to five days for the pension loan to appear in your disbursement account.
How much SSS Pension Loan can you apply for?
You may get up to 12 times your basic monthly pension on top of a Php1,000 additional benefit. The amount, however, must not exceed Php200,000.
Repayment term can be up to 24 months. The first monthly amortization due will be on the second month of the term.