Apple’s flagship smartphone for 2019 gets a lot of features upgrade and a new mouthful name. Meet the new iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max.
The new iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max have similarities in key areas over the more affordable iPhone 11. There are the new A13 Bionic chip and an ultra-wide camera — the main highlights of the new iPhones.
But for those who want the premium models, you might want to check out the Pro models. Unlike the default iPhone 11, this one features a textured matte glass body with stainless steel chassis (versus aluminum). Apple also introduced the new Midnight Green color option, exclusive to the Pro models.
There’s also the addition of a telephoto camera setup on the back and an improved water-resistant rating of up to 4 meters of submersion.
Both the iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max will have the new Super Retina XDR displays. Just like their latest monitor, Apple’s new smartphone can display up to 1200nits of brightness for better contrast ratio, great for HDR10 content.
The only key differences between the iPhone 11 Pros are their sizes. The standard model comes with a 5.8-inch screen, while its bigger brother is at 6.5-inches.
Since it has a larger chassis, the 11 Pro Max also has a bigger battery. Apple claims that the charge can last for 5-hours longer than last year’s Xs Max, while the 11 Pro can stay up by up to 4-hours longer than the Xs. Besides a bigger battery, the longer battery life is credited to the power efficiency of the new A13 Bionic chip.
It’s also worth noting that Apple is finally including an 18W Type-C power adapter on the box so you can utilize the devices’ fast wireless charging. The cable included is a Lightning to Type-C, so you can also directly plug it to the newer MacBook models.
Other new features include spatial audio, built-in video editor within the Photos app, Night Mode on the camera app, and slow-mo on the selfie snapper.
iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max Specs
- Dual SIM (nano, eSIM)
- Pro: 5.8-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display, 2436 x 1125 pixel resolution, ~458ppi
- Pro Max: 6.5-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display, 2688 x 1242 pixel resolution, ~458ppi
- HDR 10, True Tone display, DCI-P3, up to 1200-nits (HDR)
- A13 Bionic Chip
- Third-generation Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB/512GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 12-megapixel front camera, Slow-mo [email protected], f/2.2
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 12-megapixel (120-degree ultra-wide, f/2.4) + 12-megapixel (2x optical zoom, f/2.0) rear cameras, dual OIS, True Tone flash
- Night Mode, [email protected]
- IP68 water resistance (4 meters)
- Face ID (TrueDepth sensor)
- Stereo speakers, Spatial awareness No headphone jack
- Gigabit-class 4G LTE, 4×4 MIMO
- WiFi 802.11 ax, 2×2 MIMI
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GNSS
- Colors: Midnight Green, Gold, Space Gray, Silver
- Pro: 3,190mAh battery, 18W fast charging
- Pro Max: 3,500mAh battery, 18W fast charging
The iPhone 11 Pros are will be available for pre-order on September 11 in select countries and will ship on September 20. The iPhone 11 will start at USD999 (~Php51,900) for the 64GB model, USD1,149 (~Php59,800) for the 256GB, and USD1,349 (~Php70,200) for the 512GB.
Their official pricing and release details in the Philippines are yet to be announced so stay tuned for that.