After months of leaks and rumors, Apple finally revealed its latest smartphone lineup — starting with the new iPhone 11.
Apple has changed their naming system once again. The iPhone 11 is actually the successor to last year’s “budget-friendly” iPhone XR. If you’re looking for the successor to the Xs and Xs Max, you should check out the iPhone 11 Pro models.
So, what’s new with this device? For starters, it now comes with two cameras on the back. There’s the 12-megapixel primary camera that offers improved low light capabilities and faster autofocus, and the new 12-megapixel ultra-wide shooter.
All two cameras can shoot 4K videos at 60fps, while the 12-megapixel front camera has slow-mo capabilities, so you can take weird “Slofies” as what Apple calls it. Apple also finally gave in and bringing Night Mode to the iPhone, a feature present on Android phones for years.
The addition of a new camera prompted for a new back design. It now has a squarish area on the top left that houses the two cameras, LED flash, and a microphone.
Other than that, the design is similar to its predecessor. The iPhone 11 still has a thick notch on top of its 6.1-inch Liquid Crystal display, and available in different funky colors. There’s Purple, Yellow, Green, and the usual Black, White, and Product Red options.
The iPhone 11 is also sandwiched with a tougher glass in front and back, made with a dual ion-exchange process. It’s also water-resistant and can withstand 2 meters of water submersion for 30 minutes.
Just like the more expensive models, the iPhone 11 will sport the latest A13 Bionic processor from Apple. Just like every new chipset, it will have faster performance, even better GPU capabilities, and improved battery efficiency. Apple claims that it provides an extra 1hr of charge over the iPhone XR.
Apple is also highlighting the new iPhones’ spatial audio with Dolby Atmos for a more immersive watching experience. Plus, they will come with support for the new WiFi 6, although there was no mention about 5G.
iPhone 11 Specs
- iOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano, eSIM)
- 6.1-inch Liquid Retina HD IPS display, 1792 x 828 pixel resolution, ~326ppi
- True Tone display, Haptic Touch, DCI-P3
- A13 Bionic Chip
- Third Gen Neural Engine
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.2, Slow-mo ([email protected])
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8, OIS) + 12-megapixel (120-degree ultra-wide, f/2.4) rear cameras, 2x optical zoom, True Tone flash
- Night Mode, Smart HDR, [email protected]
- Face ID, TrueDepth camera
- Stereo speakers, Spatial audio, No headphone jack
- IP68 (2 meters up to 30mins)
- 4G LTE Gigabit
- WiFi 802.11 ax. WiFi 6, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GNSS
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 75.5 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 194g
- Colors: Yellow, Purple, Green, Black, White, Product Red
- 3,110mAh battery, 18W fast charging
The iPhone 11 will start at USD699 (~Php36,400) for the 64GB model. Pre-orders will start on September 13 at select countries and will be available on September 20.