Early last week, Oppo announced the F Series, a range of products with mid-range hardware and emphasis on photography. Jumpstarting the series is the smartphone known as the Oppo F1.
It’s a midrange phone alright, and we’ve already plenty to choose from in that category. The Xiaomi Redmi 3, for instance, has similar specs. But in its claim to be unique, the Oppo F1 features an aluminum body with a 7.25mm profile, a Snapdragon 616 processor, a 5-inch display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection, and an ample 3GB of RAM. The 13MP main camera, along with its 8MP front partner, also seems intriguing.
Oppo F1 Specs
- Android 5.1 Lollipop (Color OS 2.1)
- 5-inch IPS LCD (720×1280 HD), ~297ppi
- 1.7GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939v2) processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- microSD support up to 128GB
- 13-megapixel main camera, with autofocus and LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM with dual standby
- 3G HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 134g
- Li-Ion 2500mAh battery
The first market to receive the Oppo F1 will be Vietnam, with the release date set on January 21. The estimated price is Php13,700. Other markets are also expected to launch the handset this month.