It looks like the Philippines got first dibs with the new ASUS Zenfone 4 line. The family of six had been officially launched in the country yesterday. Hence, we now have the ASUS Zenfone 4 and 4 Pro official prices in the Philippines.
In a strange move, it looks like ASUS is positioning both the Zenfone 4 and 4 Pro in the high-end market. For a perspective, both the Zenfone 3 and 3 Deluxe of last year was sitting in the midrange space. But now, ASUS is assigning that prominent category to the Zenfone 4 Selfie and Selfie Pro to take on the OPPO F3, F3 Plus, and Vivo V5s.
With that said, the ASUS Zenfone 4 will be available for Php28,995. It might be a hard pill to swallow, especially for what it offers. This thing has a 5.5-inch AMOLED display at 1080p, runs on a Snapdragon 630/660 backed with 6GB of RAM, and has 64GB of internal storage.
On the other hand, the device is complete with Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C, and any other little perks that a high-end smartphone has.
And lastly, we also do have the dual-camera setup at the back which is where ASUS’ marketing materials are directed to. All of the Zenfone 4 models have it, but with the standard Zenfone 4, we have a 12-megapixel + 8-megapixel (wide-angle) cameras at the back with 4-axis OIS.
ASUS Zenfone 4 Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat, ASUS Zen UI
- Dual nano SIM, Hybrid
- 5.5-inch AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Display,1080 x 1920 pixel resolution, ~401ppi
- 4×2.2 GHz & 4×1.8 GHz Snapdragon 630/660 octa-core processor
- Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- 4G, LTE
- 12-megapixel + 8-megapixel (wide-angle) rear cameras, 4-axis OIS, dual-LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint scanner
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 155.4 x 75.2 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- 3,300mAh non-removable battery
Next, we have the ASUS Zenfone 4 Pro which has a crazy whopping price of Php39,995. This is definitely one of, if not the most expensive smartphones to ever come out of ASUS. The Zenfone 4 Pro will go head to head with Galaxy S8 in terms of pricing but kinda fell short just by looking at the spec sheet.
The ASUS Zenfone 4 Pro might have beaten the Galaxy S8 in the dual-camera race, but Samsung’s latest flagship still beats them on the other key areas. For one, the Zenfone 4 Pro only has a 5.5-inch 1080p display instead of a 1440p screen that’s a norm in this price category. Also, our hero doesn’t have either dust or water resistance.
But on the brighter side, it does have Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 inside. A chipset that’s seen on the powerful Android smartphones of today. It also has 6GB of RAM and a roomy 128GB of internal storage.
And lastly, it has a slightly better camera setup at the back. There are 12-megapixel + 16-megapixel (50mm) cameras at the back that can provide 2x optical zoom.
ASUS Zenfone 4 Pro Specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, ASUS ZenUI
- Dual SIM, Hybrid
- 5.5-inch FHD AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 540
- 64/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.9
- 12-megapixel (4-axis OIS) + 16-megapixel (2x optical zoom) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- WiFi802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 75.6 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 175g
- 3600mAh non-removable battery
Both the ASUS Zenfone 4 and 4 Pro will be available on ASUS stores starting this weekend.