Canon Philippines recently held an event called Revolution in Resolution in Raven Manila, Bonifacio Global City in Taguig to showcase the company’s new range of products. Other than the company’s new releases, the other highlight of this occasion is the attendance of the their brand ambassadors, also known as the Canon Crusaders of Light, who are there to give some photography tips and tricks and share their journey behind success.
Not only that the event is filled with the people from the media like us, but also a lot of other photography enthusiasts are also there to witness what Canon is going to offer to them next and be inspired with Canon’s Crusaders of Light – which consists of the masters like Raymund Isaac, Jay Tablante, John Chua and Jay Jallorina.
The event kicked-off with some key words from Mr. Lim Kok Hin, President and CEO of Canon Marketing Philippines, telling how the camera industry evolved in the last few years, and how their company was able to adapt on this changes and bring nothing but the best to their consumers. Right after is an AVP of the company’s flagship, The Canon 5Ds and 5Ds R, both sporting a whopping 50.6-megapixel 35mm full frame CMOS sensor.
The first brand ambassador to present is Raymund Isaac, a well-known fashion photographer who’s behind a lot of magazine covers here and abroad. Raymund showcased the power of the Canon 5Ds R by showing a stunning print from his latest shoot. Everyone on the crowed was surprised when the photographer announced that the print he’s holding in his hands is just a cropped photo, and revealing a 5x8ft of the actual photo that was taken. A Live Fashion Photography session was also held under Raymund Isaac to also give the audience a chance to try the new full-frame cameras.
Other top-caliber photographers in attendance also include John Chua, an advertising photographer, and Jay Jarollina, a respected landscape photographer. Both of them also showcased the power of Canon’s latest flagships. John Chua highlighted the camera’s fast shutter speed, while Jay Jaronilla showed appreciation on the camera’s sturdy and rugged build quality, perfect for his needs as he shoots in different outdoor places, at different weather conditions.
The Canon 5Ds retails for Php158,998 and the 5Ds R is available for Php 167,998.
Jay Tablante, a prominent cosplay photographer was also there to feature the capabilities of the Canon EOS M3, an interchangeable mirrorless camera that sports a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, high-speed AF, and a pocketable design profile with a tilting touchscreen LCD. Jay Tablante narrated his recent trip in Japan, and how much fun he had shooting with the M3 while walking in the streets and wandering in the beautiful place of the land of the rising sun.
The light and compact design of the Canon M3 is very ideal to street photographers out there, or for consumers who wants a camera that wants the same power of a DSLR, but doesn’t want to lug along a bulky camera. The tilting touchscreen can also assist you to capture all those weird angles with no sweat. This badboy also sports Wi-Fi and NFC capabilities to transfer files from the camera to your mobile device with just a snap and instantly share it to your favorite social media account.
The EOS M3 retails for Php25,998.00
Canon also continues to serve amateur photographers by introducing two new entry-level cameras, which the company say’s “Offers professional features in a user-friendly package”. The new EOS 760D and 750D offers a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, 19-point AF system, and WiFi and NFC capabilities.
The EOS 760D is available for Php 30,998 (Body only). EOS 750D comes in at Php 34,998 with 18-55mm kit lens.
We’ve seen a lot of new cameras in Canon’s jam-packed event, but the company didn’t end it there. Canon also announced and demoed their latest portable printer, the Selphy CP1000. This handy printer aims to help users to print and have a hard copy of the photos they have taken just seconds ago. This device is perfect for parties, and also, for photographers, especially for those who cover events, to maximize their profit by also providing instant prints to their clients.
Canon is one of the leading company in the industry that provides Photography, Videography and Printing solutions. And today, the company did proved themselves once again by introducing these top-of-the-line products, making them really deserving of the name they have right now.
Both of the Canon 5Ds and 5Ds R has the title of being a full-frame camera with the highest megapixel count of 50.6. Not only that, these two new camera also houses a list of specifications that professional photographers would really be excited to try on.
Although, those flagships are expected to be pricey, no worries. As Canon got everyone covered by also introducing a range of cameras for amateurs and or even accomplished photographers, who are coming from different price range, the Canon EOS 750D/760D and EOS M3 offers professional features while still having an uncomplicated interface and a budget-friendly price tag.
For a more detailed look of Canon’s releases, check out this official spec list:
Canon EOS 5DS / 5DSR
- 6 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor – More pixel information for extremely detailed images; option to use one material for different applications and orientations (print, billboard, web)
- Crop Shooting – Use your camera for multiple applications (can have the 1.6x magnification effect for lenses, similar to APS-C sized sensors, good situations that you need longer range)
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors – Offers camera versatility when it comes to video, continuous shooting, sharpness, etc.; it’s like having a very powerful computer to do your photography work
- 2″ 1.04m-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor – Sharp screen to check your shots
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps – Offers video capabilities for those who would like to shoot moving images
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF – Very fast autofocusing; while the 5Ds is targeted for Studio work, the very fast autofocus can expand a photographer’s versatility enabling him to explore action shots such as wedding and photojournalism
- ISO 100-6400; 5 fps Continuous Shooting – Adds options for shooting subjects in rapid succession; also enables shooting in low-light conditions; low noise
- 150,000-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor – Helps in getting the right exposure and color
- User-Selectable Shutter Release Time Lag – Can be useful to minimize camera vibration
- Built-in Intervalometer – useful for timelapse
- Anti-Flicker Compensation – Useful for different lighting conditions such as gymnasiums; also good for video and in continuous shooting
Canon EOS 5DSR
- Low-Pass Filter Effect Cancellation – Enables photographers to get maximum sharpness; application is for landscape
Canon EOS 750D/ 760D
- 2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 95% Viewfinder Coverage
- 19 point All Cross Type Focusing Points
- Wide 3.0 inch LCD with Touch Panel
- WIFI & NFC
Canon EOS 760D
- Electronic Level Sensor/ Built-in Level Guides
- Great for Landscape Shooting or other scenes where accurate horizontality is particularly important
- Top LCD Panel for Quick Shooting Information
- Enabling users to quickly check the shooting settings without displaying information on the viewfinder or rear LCD panel
- Sub Electronic Dial for easy operation
- It is a breeze to quickly change the settings or search for images
- HDR movies
- Display OFF Sensor
- It turns off the LCD display automatically so that it will not be hard on the user’s eyes.
- Less Battery Consumption by the LCD Display
Canon EOS M3
- Wide 3.0 inch LCD with Touch Panel, Tilt (180/45 degrees)/ LCD that makes it easy to shoot from various angles. This makes it easy to shoot Self Portrait, Low Angle, and High Angle Shooting
- Hybrid CMOS AF III for faster focussing speed
- External Electronic Viewfinder Support
- Built-in Flash
- WIFI and NFC making it easy to Transfer Files and Communicate to Smartphones, Printers, and Web Services