Honor Philippines is set to launch the new Honor Play smartphone a few days from now. The company has been building a lot of hype regarding the device’s arrival, by which its fans happily complied.
And we really can’t blame them considering all the power that this device has. For starters, it runs on a Kirin 970 octa-core processor, which is the same chipset that’s found on Huawei’s and Honor’s more expensive flagship devices.
It will also come with GPU Turbo technology out of the box. Which means you can play games at the best possible performance, and clearly justifies the device’s name. It also has a large 6.3-inch FHD+ screen and a 3,750mAh battery with fast charging.
And now, people might just get a little more excited when they hear the device’s official price. The Honor Play will only retail for Php15,990. This easily makes it the cheapest device to sport the flagship Kirin 970 processor, and quite possibly the most powerful smartphone in this price category.
It will be available for pre-order upon launch on August 11. It will then hit the shelves starting August 13.
Honor Play Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Display, 2340 × 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- 2.4GHz HiSilicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4) rear cameras with PDAF, Dual tone LED flash
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0, 2.0µm) front camera, 3D Portrait Lighting
- HSPA+, 4G, LTE, VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Dual-band
- Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint sensor
- Histen audio
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 74.3 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 176 g
- 3,750mAh non-removable battery with fast charging