There has been a lot of hype regarding Vivo’s upcoming launch here in the Philippines. And now, the speculations are about to end as the company has given us with an official date.
The device in subject is the Vivo X21. One of its main features is the under-display fingerprint scanner technology, which was first revealed by the company several months ago.
Its official launch will be happening this coming Thursday, June 21, 2018.
Other than the under-display tech, the devices also feature very capable specs. It boasts a large 6.28-inch AMOLED screen. And thanks to its display notch and ultra-thin display, the device remains sleek and portable when compared to other 6-inch devices.
See also: Vivo V9 Review
Vivo X21 runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor, a generous 6GB of RAM, and 64GB or 128GB storage. It’s still not clear what storage model we’ll be getting — so we’ll just have to wait and see.
It will also come with a dual rear camera, a HiFi audio chip for headphones, and a 3,200mAh battery with fast-charging.
Vivo is still mum about its official price. But in China, the base model retails for CNY2,899, and the 256GB version costs CNY3,198. When directly converted to Philippines pesos, this is around Php23,900 and Php26,400, respectively.
Vivo X21 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid, nano)
- 6.28-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display, 2280 × 1080 pixel resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 6B RAM
- 64GB / 128GB onboard storage
- Expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), WiFi hotspot
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8 aperture) + 5-megapixel (f/2.4 aperture) rear cameras with LED flash
- 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip, 3.5mm audio jack
- HSPA+, 4G VoLTE
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm
- Weight: 156.2g
- 3200mAh non-removable battery with fast charging