A new gaming smartphone has entered the arena. Meet the brand new Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro.
The new Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro is basically a refreshed version of the Black Shark 2 from a few months ago. It has few but major upgrades in some areas, coupled with a competitive price tag, that make it one of the most enticing gaming smartphones in the market today.
One of its key highlights is the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor. It offers an overclocked CPU and GPU, which achieves an average score of around 500,000 in AnTuTu benchmark. This makes the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro one of the first devices to have this new processor, right next to the ASUS ROG Phone II.
The processor is aided by a generous 12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of a faster UFS 3.0 storage.
Xiaomi also managed to slightly improve the speed of the display. The latency has been lowered from 34.7ms from the 43.5ms of the Black Shark 2.
The design was also slightly updated. The back panel is now covered with more glass than metal, which allows the additional RGB lights to glow more. The Black model has a matching green RGB, while the Gray variant flashes blue light.
Everything else is pretty much untouched. There’s the 4,000mAh battery with 27W fast-charging support. A 48-megapixel primary camera is seen on the back, together with a 12-megapixel telephoto sensor. While on the front we have a 20-megapixel selfie snapper.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM, nano
- 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~430ppi
- 108.9% DCI-P3, 430-nits, 34.7ms latency, HDR
- 2.96GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Liquid Cooling 3.0
- 12GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, Sony IMX 586) + 12-megapixel (2x telephoto, f/2.2) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- RGB lighting
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205g
- Colors: Electric Black, Ice Gray Blue, Orange, Purple
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 27W fast-charging support, Quick Charge 4+
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro is now available for pre-order in China. The base model 12GB/128GB have an official price of CNY2,999 (~Php22,100) while the 12GB/256GB variant is at CNY3,499 (~Php25,800).