Alcatel has announced Alcatel Shine Lite, a stylish but affordable smartphone.
The Alcatel Shine Lite features a distinctive design that uses two 2.5D curved scratch resistant glass in front and at the back. There’s a 5-inch HD display, MediaTek quad-core chipset, and 2GB RAM. It certainly isn’t trying to impress anyone in the specs department but it’s definitely good enough for most people. At its price point, it will probably have a fierce battle with the ASUS Zenfone 3 Max which offers a little more oomph for the money.
Even though it’s affordable, Alcatel managed to squeeze in a fingerprint sensor at the back for added security. Only 16GB of internal storage comes with the phone out of the box, but it supports microSD card up to 128GB.
Alcatel Shine Lite Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5-inch IPS 2.5D Dragontrail Glass Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, ~294ppi
- 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6737 quad-core processor
- Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- 13-megapixel autofocus rear camera, dual-tone LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera, LED flash
- 4G LTE
- GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth v4.1
- Fingerprint scanner
- Colors: Black, White, Gold
- 2460mAh non-removable battery
The Alcatel Shine Lite will be sold for a price of $200 (~Php9,300). There has been no mention about its availability as of the moment.