Gionee has added another feather to its cap, quietly unveiling the mid-range Gionee F5 in China.
The Gionee F5 first popped into the radar December last year when it got certified at China’s Telecoms certification agency (TENAA). We did see some of the specs via the TENAA listing but now we have the complete features of the device in our hands.
Gionee did a great job with the design of the F5, giving it a sleek look that might get confused for a high-end smartphone. The mid-range handset comes in gold and rose gold color variants and sitting at the front is a physical home button just beneath the display. Talking about the display, the Gionee F5 comes with a 5.3-inch IPS screen with a middling HD resolution. The device runs on the dated MT6750 chipset with an octa-core Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T860MP2 GPU, and 4GB of RAM.
- Gionee M2017: Snapdragon 653 processor, 6GB RAM, dual cameras and massive 7000mAh battery
- Gionee Steel 2 with 4,000mAh battery, 3GB RAM and quad-core CPU now official
On the camera end, it features a powerful 13MP main sensor at the rear with LED flash. At the front, there is a capable 8MP sensor which should do justice to the owner’s selfie needs. In addition to all these features, the F5 packs a massive 4000mAh battery and runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box with the latest Amigo launcher. It also packs connectivity features like Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, etc.
Gionee F5 Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Amigo UI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.3-inch HD IPS Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, ~277 ppi
- 1.8GHz 64-bit MT6750 octa-core processor
- Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via micro SD card up to 128 GB
- 3G, 4G, LTE
- 13-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 150 x 74.5 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- 4,000 mAh
Gionee F5 comes with a retail price of 1,799 yuan ($260). Considering the specs, the price might just be fine at that amount. The device is presently available in China but Gionee is yet to say when it would ship internationally.