Gionee has introduced a new entry-level smartphone dubbed as the Gionee M12.
The Gionee M12 comes in two flavors. There’s a MediaTek Helio P22 model, while the other has an Helio A25 chipset. Both models come with 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB of RAM and storage.
It’s also a testament that punch-holes have replaced notches. Like most entry-level devices, we have a punch-hole on the top left of the screen for the 16-megapixel selfie camera. It looks much cleaner than the waterdrop notches we usually see in devices at this caliber.
The screen itself is a 6.55-inch IPS panel. But being an entry-level device, it only has an HD+ resolution at 1600 x 720 pixels.
On the back, we have a color gradient design, at least for the Magic Green color option. We also have the fingerprint scanner back here and the quad-rear cameras led by a 48-megapixel main shooter and 8-megapixel ultra-wide. The use of the two 2-megapixel sensors was not mentioned.
You can get the Gionee M12 starts for NGN75,000 (around Php9,400) for the Helio P22 version, while the Helio A25 begins at NGN69,400 (around Php8,700). It will be available initially in Nigeria, while its release details in other markets are yet to be announced.
Gionee M12 Specs
- Android 10
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.55-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 268ppi
- 20:9 aspect ratio, 91% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 1.8GHz MediaTek Helio A25 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 76.8 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 196g
- Colors: Dazzling Black, Magic Green
- 5,100mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging