Honor has finally joined the pop-up camera craze by introducing the new Honor 9X and 9X Pro.
The new Honor 9X and 9X Pro are pretty much the same devices. They come with the new Kirin 810 chipset, the same processor found on the Nova 5 Pro.
They also share the same 6.59-inch FHD+ IPS display. As stated earlier, the all-screen display is made possible by its levitating mechanism, which houses a 16-megapixel selfie snapper.
To juice them up, both the Honor 9X and 9X Pro come with 4,000mAh battery. It’s available in black, and two color gradient options that have an X pattern reflection that reacts to light. Honor used a side-mounted fingerprint scanner to make the back panel clean.
The main difference between the two is their RAM and storage configurations, as well as the primary cameras on the back. The Pro model can be rigged with up to an 8GB/256GB configuration, while the latter maxes out at 6GB/128GB.
The Honor 9X Pro will have a 48-megapixel Quad Bayer primary camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. You’d be seeing an identical setup to the Honor 9X, minus the ultra-wide shooter.
Honor 9X and 9X Pro Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.1.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.59-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~391ppi
- 2.2GHz Kirin 810 octa-core processor
- 9X: 4GB/6GB RAM
- 9X Pro: 8GB RAM
- 9X: 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 9X Pro: 128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 16-megapixel pop-up front camera
- 9X: 48-megapixel (Quad Bayer) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- 9X Pro: 48-megapixel (Quad Bayer) + 8-megapixel (ultra wide) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- Headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.1 x 77.2 8.8mm
- Weight: 206g
- Colors: Sea Blue, Charm Red, Night Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charger
The Honor 9X will have a starting price of Php1,399 (~Php10,400) for the 4GB/64GB model, Php1,599 (~Php11,900) for the 6GB/64GB, and CNY1,899 (~Php14,100) for the 6GB/128GB.
On the other hand, the Honor 9X Pro will retail for CNY2,199 (~Php16,400) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/256GB variant is at CNY2,399 (~Php17,900). Both models will be available in China starting July 30, while their availability details in the Philippines are yet to be announced.