Honor has introduced a new budget phone dubbed the Honor Play 5T Pro.
The Honor Play 5T Pro brags an enormous 6.6-inch FHD+ LCS screen. We’re not sure if the bezels are actually as thin as what the renders show, but Honor claims that they’re indeed only 1.3mm.
Being a budget phone, it’s powered by a decent MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor. It’s partnered with quite an unnecessary 8GB of RAM. Plus, 128GB of storage. Keeping the lights on is a 4,000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging.
There’s a punch-hole for the selfie camera, while on the back, there’s a dual-camera setup that consists of a 64-megapixel main shooter and a less interesting 2-megapixel depth sensor. We appreciate the move to have an ultra-sharp main camera than having an ultra-wide and macro sensor next to a lower-resolution primary camera.
The Honor Play 5T Pro has a price of CNY1,499 (around Php11,700). Since it’s coming out in China, it wouldn’t come with GMS.
Honor Play 5T Pro Specs
- Android 11, MagicUI 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 399ppi
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.9) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.7 x 73.3 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 179g
- Colors: Magic Black, Titanium Silver
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 22.5W fast charging