With just a few days away before we wrap 2018, Huawei is out here surprising us with another smartphone release — the Huawei P Smart 2019.
Huawei’s latest offering is identical to their other recent release, the Y9 2019. The Huawei P Smart 2019 features an identical Dewdrop notch on the front, a 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual cameras on the back, a Kirin 710 processor, and a shiny 3D curved back design.
One of the main differences here is the screen size. The P Smart 2019 sports a 6.21-inch FHD+ screen, while the Y9 2019 brags a gigantic 6.5-inch screen.
The latter also sports a larger 4,000mAh battery, while the former only comes with a 3,400mAh capacity.
Moreover, the Huawei P Smart 2019 lacks a quad-camera setup. We might have the same camera setup on the back, but on the front, we’re only getting either an 8-megapixel or 16-megapixel selfie snapper, depending on what market you’re in.
Huawei P Smart 2019 Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- 6.21-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~415ppi
- 2.2GHz Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Mali-G51 MP4, GPU Turbo Technology
- 64GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera (POT-LX1 / POT-LX1AF / POT-LX2J models)
- 16-megapixel front camera (POT-LX1RUA / POT-LX3 models)
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- AI scene detection, Bokeh effect
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 155.2 x 73.4 x 7.95mm
- Weight: 160g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, Aurora Blue
- 3,400mAh non-removable battery
The Huawei P Smart 2019 is expected to be officially introduced on January 11, 2019, together with its full pricing and availability details.