The Infinix Zero 5G was launched earlier this year as the company’s first 5G smartphone. Now, the brand subtly updates the device with a brand-new chipset.
Called the Infinix Zero 5G 2023, this updated model is now powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1080 processor, versus last gen’s Dimensity 900 CPU. Multitasking is handled by 8GB of RAM and the storage has a doubled capacity of 256GB.
The cameras have been revamped, though. It now lacks a 2x telephoto lens in lieu of a macro lens. On the upside, the 48-megapixel main shooter has been upgraded to a 50-megapixel shooter. The 2-megapixel depth sensor is still here.
For selfies, there’s a 16-megapixel front-facing shooter on a punch-hole cutout at the top of the camera.
On the front, we have a packed 6.78-inch IPS screen, with a sharp FHD+ pixel resolution and a smooth 120Hz refresh rate.
Infinix ships it with a 5,000mAh battery, 33W fast charging, and an Android 12-based XOS 12 interface.
The official price for the new Infinix Zero 5G 2023 is yet to be announced. It should still be under Php15,000 as the first Zero 5G is available in the Philippines for only Php11,990.
Infinix Zero 5G 2023 Specs
- Android 11, XOS 10
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.78-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2460 x 1080 pixel resolution, 396ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 500-nits peak brightness
- MediaTek Dimensity 1080 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, +3GB via virtual RAM expansion
- Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 168.73 x 76.53 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 201g
- Colors: Pearly White, Coral Orange, Submariner Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging