LG‘s flagship smartphone is set to arrive in the Philippines any time next week. Dubbed as LG Optimus 4X HD, this top-notch phone will have the cheapest official suggested retail price upon its launch in our archipelago. Obviously, this may be due to the hot competition of quad-cores which I think LG wants to dominate with this strategic planning. Let us find out more of the handset below.
The LG Optimus 4X HD boasts a big 4.7-inch True HD-IPS LCD Gorilla Glass screen, a 1.5GHz quad-core processor, a GB of RAM, an 8MP camera with auto focus & flash, and a 16GB of internal storage. It also support NFC connectivity, HSDPA (No 4G) and bluetooth v3.0. The Optimus UI 3.0 skin will also accompany the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS of the phone to further enhance its user experience. Oh, I almost forgot, it’ll be equipped with a large 2150mAh battery too!
Although priced much lower than usual, the Optimus 4X HD sure has those flagship specifications. Indeed, this seem to be a strategy that LG may be holding on to quickly spread out a number of LG Optimus 4X HD users.
LG Optimus 4X HD Specifications
- Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with Optimus UI 3.0
- 4.7 inches HD-IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1280 pixels, 16M colors
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A9 ULP GeForce GPU Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB (only 13 GB user available) (expandable via microSD up to 32GB)
- 8 Megapixels main camera at 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus and ‘Power’ LED flash
- 1.3 Megapixels front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, EDR
- 3G HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- GPS, A-GPS
- microUSB (MHL) v2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 132.4 x 68.1 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 138 grams
- Li-Ion 2150 mAh battery