Just last month, LG announced a new smartphone that aims to replicate the LG G6 for less. Now, the LG Q6 is finally official in the Philippines.
With the Q6, LG tries to get it close to the G6 by adding the feature that made the flagship device stick out to the rest. Undoubtedly, it is the FullVision display. This term is used to address the device’s 18:9 aspect ratio screen, which basically translates to the front being filled with a huge screen.
However, since the LG Q6’s price is only a fraction of G6’s, there are a lot of compromises. For starters, we only have a 5.5-inch 1080p screen. The dual cameras were replaced by a single 13-megapixel shooter, and the chipset was toned down to a Snapdragon 435.
The fingerprint scanner was also removed in lieu of facial recognition. The Q6 also has a smaller 3,000mAh battery.
LG Q6 Specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 5.5-inch FHD IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~442ppi
- FullVision, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera, wide-angle
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- Facial recognition
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- LG Q6: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Mystic White / Terra Gold
- Dimensions: 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 149g
- 3000mAh non-removable battery
All the compromises resulted to a low price tag of only Php12,990. You can spot the device in LG stores and third-party retailers nationwide. The device is also available at Lazada with a free 5,000mAh floppy disk powerbank. However, it’s currently out of stock at the time of this writing.