Most Android smartphone manufacturers would usually release a follow-up version of their flagship handset. But that trend has slowly gotten extinct. Hence, the branding change on the new LG Q6. The new Q6 will come in three different flavors: the LG Q6a, LG Q6, and the LG Q6+. All of them shares the same design and internals — with the storage, memory, and color variants stand as the only differences.
And speaking of the design, the LG Q6 line inevitably resembles the G6. However, LG did some remodeling at the back to fit the compromised features. For one, the dual-camera setup is now gone. LG used a single 13-megapixel sensor that’s been moved to the upper left. Users will now also have to rely on facial recognition as LG also removed the fingerprint scanner.
The real star feature can be seen on the front. The LG Q6 inherits the G6’s FullVision display. It sports an unconventionally tall and slim aspect ratio of 18:9 with a 1080p resolution, and an almost bezel-less screen. This made the face of the device virtually clean, with a thin chin and forehead, enough to house the LG logo, a 5-megapixel wide-angle selfie camera, and all the necessary hardware.
Other than the downgraded screen resolution, the processing side also took some beating. The LG Q6 devices runs on a Snapdragon 435 chipset — an octa-core processor really meant for midrange smartphones.
LG Q6a, Q6, Q6+ Specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 5.5-inch FHD IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~442ppi
- FullVision, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor
- LG Q6a: 2GB RAM/16GB ROM, LG Q6: 4GB RAM/32GB ROM, LG Q6+: 4GB RAM/64GB ROM
- expandable storage via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera, wide-angle
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- Facial recognition
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- LG Q6a: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Terra Gold, LG Q6: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Mystic White / Terra Gold, LG Q6+: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Marine Blue
- Dimensions: 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 149g
- 3000mAh non-removable battery
The company is yet to announce the official pricing of the LG Q6 devices. However, it’s been stated that it will be available starting next month in Asia. Availability in Europe, Latin America, and North America shall follow shortly.
Source: LG Newsroom