LG’s mobile division in Seoul, Korea just announced a new smartphone, the LG G6 Plus. This latest release from the brand is obviously a new flavor of their current flagship, the G6 — but with beefier improvements in some bullet point areas.
With the LG G6 Plus, you can get a larger 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This is a jump from the original’s 6GB and 32GB combo, which enables it to go head to head with the Galaxy S8 Plus variant that was released in Asia.
The Koreans are also ramping up the audio department. The 32-bit HiFi quad DAC that was exclusive to the Asian market will now become standard to this handset. And LG will also be throwing in a premium Bang & Olufsen headphones to utilize the new digital-to-analog converter.
But other than the upgraded features, the G6 Plus will be like the earlier version. This thing still has a large and sharp 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVIsion display. It is also rigged with a 2.4GHz Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor and an IP68 dust and water resistance certification. And of course, a 13-megapixel + 13-megapixel wide-angle dual camera configuration at the back.
LG G6 Plus Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat, LGUX 6.0
- 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display, 2880 x 1440 resolution, 565ppi
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processors
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 5-megapixel wide-angle front camera, f/2.2
- 13-megapixel f/1.8 + 13-megapixel f/2.4 wide-angle rear cameras, Dual-LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP68 Dust and Water resistance
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC Chip
- LTE-A 3 Band CA up to 600 Mbps
- WiFi 802.11ac
- GPS with aGPS support
- USB Type-C 2.0
- Dolby Vision
- Bluetooth 4.2 BLE
- HDR 10
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163 gram
- 3,300mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The new LG G6 Plus will be available in Optical Astro Black, Optical Marine Blue, and Optical Terra Gold colors. It will also sport wireless charging in some countries. Official pricing and availability are yet to be announced so stay tuned.