Sony is taking the mirrorless camera industry to new heights. This is the new Sony A9, a professional-grade camera with a full-frame stacked CMOS sensor.
The Sony A9 is a speedy camera intended for sports, wildlife, and other types of photography that focus on fast-moving and unpredictable subjects. Thanks to its up 20fps continuous shooting and a maximum of 1/32,000 shutter speed you will never miss that perfect shot.
This beast also brags the title of being the first full-frame stacked sensor with 24.2-megapixel resolution. It also has 5-Axis image stabilization, which we already saw in other high-end Sony cameras like the a6500.
It wouldn’t be a real Sony camera if it doesn’t have killer video recording prowess. Hence, the Sony A9 has support for 4K videos at normal frame rates and it can go up to 120fps when downgraded to full HD.
And since this is a professional shooter, it packs an Ethernet port for faster and more secured file viewing and transfers. The A9 also sports dual SD card slots so you won’t easily run out of storage space.
Sony A9 Specs
- Sony E-mount
- 24.2-megapixel Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X image processor, front-end LSI
- 693-point AF system
- up to 20fps shooting
- 4K UHD, Full HD (120fps) video recording
- up to ISO 204,800
- Silent Electronic Shutter
- 5-axis image stabilization
- Blackout-free Quad-VGA 3.7m-Dot OLED EVF
- 2.95-inch TFT LCD touchscreen
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Built-in monaural speakers
- Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, NFC
- Dual memory card slot
- micro HDMI, multi Interface Shoe mount, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack, PC remote
- Ethernet LAN port
- Dimensions: 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 63.0mm
- Weight: 673g
- Magnesium Alloy Construction
- NP-FZ100 battery
The Sony A9 will ba available for Php239,999 starting July 1 on Sony Centers and authorized resellers nationwide.