The Meizu 16T was just announced and it’s another evidence of how Chinese companies are shaking up the industry.
This one is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, easily one of the most powerful chipsets in the market today, no matter the price. You can get it with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage.
There’s the 6.5-inch OLED screen on the front, which is even TUV certified to keep your eyes safe from blue light. While on the back there’s a triple camera setup. It then comes with a generous 4,500mAh battery with a fast 18W fast charging support.
The Meizu 16T will start at CNY1,999 (~Php14,500) for the 6GB/128GB model, CNY2,299 (~Php16,700) for the 8GB/129GB variant, while the 8GB/256GB top model will be at CNY2,499 (~Php18,100).
Meizu 16T Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Flyme 8
- Dual SIM
- 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2232 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~382ppi
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 12-megapixel (Sony IMX362, f/1.9) + 8-megapixel (Ultra wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (Depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- 4K@60fps, 240fps slow-mo
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.63 x 78.2 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 183g
- Colors: Green, Blue, Orange
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging