Nokia and HMD Global are now accepting pre-orders for their newest midrange smartphone — the Nokia 5.1 Plus.
This new device will attempt to survive in the already saturated midrange segment here in the Philippines. And from what it looks like, the Nokia 5.1 Plus has what it takes to go against some of the biggest names in the industry today.
The Nokia 5.1 Plus runs on a reliable MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor, with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. There’s also an 8-megapixel selfie camera on the front and a dual 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras on the back.
Its screen is at 5.8-inches, although it has a slightly disappointing resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels. On the upside, it runs on Android 8 Oreo under the Android One platform, which means it will be first in line when software updates are distributed. It’s also built on a premium CNC-machined metal body with a glass panel in front and back.
The Nokia 5.1 Plus will be available locally starting November 12 with a price of Php12,990. But if you want to be first in line, you can now pre-order yourself a unit through ArgoMall and MemoXpress. Nokia will be giving away a free portable gamepad for each sold units.
Moreover, the device is also available through Home Credit’s 0% 6-month installment plan.
Nokia 5.1 Plus Specs
- Android 8 Oreo, Android One
- Dual SIM
- 5.8-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~287ppi
- 2.5D glass, 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8GHz MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 400GB
- 8-megapixel, f/2.2
- 13-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, AI assistance, f/2.0, LED flash
- Single speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE Cat. 4
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98, 8.09mm
- Colors: Gloss White, Gloss Black, Midnight Gloss Blue
- 3,060mAh non-removable battery