The Nokia XR20 5G has been announced and it features a rugged design and a promise of having four years of updates.
Let’s start with the hardware. The Nokia XR20 5G features a rugged body that’s MIL-STD810H protection that can survive being dropped from 1.8 meters. It’s also IP68-certified for water and dust resistance with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection on the screen.
Being Nokia, the company promises that the device will get four years of monthly security updates and three major OS updates.
While it’s a rugged device, the rest of the specs appears to be budget-friendly. It gets its 5G connectivity from the budget-friendly Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor. Paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
Behind the Gorilla Glass Victus is a 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS screen, with 550-nits peak brightness, and can work even if your fingers are wet or wearing gloves.
It also has stereo speakers that can go as loud as 96db with OZO playback technology for better sound detail.
The design on the back is quite unique from other Nokia phones from before. It features a 48-megapixel main shooter, 13-megapixel ultra-wide, and two individual LED flash — all are on an X layout.
Select markets can get the Nokia XR20 starting August 24 for USD549 (around Php27,700).
Nokia XR20 Specs
- Android 11 (4 years security updates, 3 years major OS updates)
- Dual SIM, Dual standby, Hybrid
- 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 394ppi
- 550-nits peak brightness, Wet hands and gloves compatible
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) rear cameras, dual LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers (96db), OZO technology
- MIL-STD810H (drop resistant up to 1.8m)
- IP68-certified water and dust resistant
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 171.64 x 81.5 x 10.64mm
- Weight: 248g
- Colors: Ultra Blue, Granite
- 4,630mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging, 15W wireless charging