OPPO has released a new midrange phone in China called the A56 5G.
The new OPPO A56 5G is essentially the same as the A55 5G only with a couple of changes in the camera department and design on the back.
This means it uses the same MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G processor and a 6.5-inch HD+ screen. Not FHD+, no high refresh rate. On the upside, it does come with virtual RAM expansion, which borrows 5GB of space from the storage for an extra performance boost.
The 10W charger looks a little slow for a 5,000mAh battery but should do the job. It ships with OPPO’s ColorOS 11.1 interface on top of Android 11.
Those who are in China can get the OPPO A56 5G for a price of CNY1,599 (around Php12,700). It’s now up for pre-order, while release details in other countries are yet to be known.
OPPO A56 5G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM, +5GB via virtual RAM expansion
- Mali-G57 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.6 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 189.5g
- Colors: Black, Purple, Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery